Blue Jackets re-sign free agents Bjorkstrand and Murray
- Kucherov has 5 points, Tampa extends run
- McAvoy's OT goal pushes Bruins' run to 6
- DeBrincat's 5 points help 'Hawks hold on
- Ovechkin's 2 goals get Caps by Kings
- Frolik, Backlund lead Flames by Coyotes
The 23-year-old Bjorkstrand, the team's fifth-leading scorer last season with 11 goals and 29 assists, signed a three-year pact worth $7.5 million.
The 24-year-old Murray accepted the team's qualifying offer of a one-year contract worth $2.8 million. Both deals were announced over the weekend.
The Blue Jackets' top scorer Artemi Panarin tweeted that he and his agent were meeting for contract talks with team general manager Jarmo Kekalainen on Monday in France. He is a free agent after next season.
Updated July 16, 2018